The Antique Toy Collectors of America Welcomes You!
Do you collect antique toys? Do you want to know more about them? Would you like to join others who love antique toys the way you do? This site is dedicated to the history, beauty, and preservation of the toys of yesteryear. The Antique Toy Collectors of America, Inc. invites you to learn more about our mission, our members, and, of course, antique toys. Our site is ever changing and updating. Continue to look in on the ATCA Catalog section. As we obtain more catalogs they will be added to the website for your viewing and reference needs. We will continually add more information about the toys we love, so we can share with others and encourage them in collecting and preserving this part of our culture and heritage. If you have suggestions or comments, please contact us.
Here are a few reasons that we think a membership to the ATCA is such a benefit to the avid toy collector.
1) The ATCA has a wealth of knowledge. With over 250 members there is a wealth of information on all things toy related at the speed of an email or phone call. We are also connected, through our members, to numerous toy businesses and publications. Many of our members are authors of some of the premier books in their respective interests. The ATCA has an ever-expanding collection of toy catalogs that are accessible by members. We are always looking to expand that knowledge base. As a new member, you may bring something that we have all been waiting to know.
2) The ATCA is about learning. There is always a push by members to learn more and to elevate each other to the status of expert. The level of expertize available is immense. It is the rare question that cannot find an answer within the ATCA. If there isn’t an answer on hand there are plenty of members willing to help find it. Many of our members are so passionate about their area of interest that they become authors to spread their knowledge. We love to share what we know, that is the whole point of our existence.
3) The ATCA is about camaraderie. We meet in person twice a year to learn new things, share stories and latest acquisitions, and view collections that are often unavailable to the public. At these conventions, bonds form that continue throughout the year by email, phone and in person. Members often meet up at regional toy shows as vendors and buyers. The ACTA members become an excellent source to locate those hard to find toys to complete any collection. We all speak the same language of toys so the depth of your passion will be understood and lauded.
4) The ATCA is a home to all things toys and all types of toys. We seek out the unique and unusual. There are plenty of clubs that are interest specific like the MBCA or the W. Britain Club. Maybe you have a collecting interest that does not fit one of these other clubs. If your collection is about toys more than 50 years old, you may have found a home. Our members collect toys from automatons to zeppelins and hand crafted to mass produced with values ranging from pennies to thousands of dollars. The collections vary in size from a few pieces to thousands. So long as you have five toys more than 50 years old, you are well on your way to becoming a member.
5) The ATCA membership will also get you the twice a year Toy Chest. There you will find toy articles written by fellow members. The Toy Chest has a recap of the previous convention in writing and photographs. Information is given about the upcoming conventions as well.